The Seychelles Patients Association intends to achieve its objectives by:
- Advocating relentlessly and in a positive way for patients and their relatives throughout the care experience so as to improve the entente between care givers and care receivers through though all means possible
- Working to strengthen the structures and processes for meaningful multidirectional communication, between the various parties in health and social care and by working to improve continuity of care and care coordination.
- Working to empower patients and their relatives to participate more meaningfully in the planning, implementation and evaluation of structures and processes for their own care.
- Pushing for statistics on complaints, compliments, litigations, compensations and patient safety issues to be put in the public domain so that proper lessons can be drawn from them for improvements
- Pushing the health care system as a whole to create the right environment for health care excellence to flourish
- Organizing patient-friendly meetings and outreach activities to determine what patients are feeling and saying.