The Seychelles Patients Association intends to achieve its objectives by:
- advocating relentlessly and in a positive way for patients and their relatives throughout the care experience so as to improve the entente between care givers and care receivers through though all means possible
- working to strengthen the structures and processes for meaningful two-way communication, between the various parties in health and social care and by working to improve continuity of care and care coordination.
- working to empower patients and their relatives to participate more meaningfully in the planning, implementation and evaluation of structures and processes for their own care.
- by pushing for statistics on complaints, compliments, litigations, compensations and patient safety issues to be put in the public domain so that proper lessons can be drawn from them for improvements
- pushing the health care system as a whole to create the right environment for health care excellence to flourish
- Organising patient-friendly meetings and outreach activities to determine what patients are feeling and saying.