By 31ST December 2019
- More than five patient participation fora conducted under the aegis of the Association.
- Regular training and other capacity building on patients’ rights and patients’ safety issues conducted
- Four (4) different short patients’ rights and safety education/information videos produced and broadcast in appropriate media
- A Patient Information Helpline that links patients and their families with needed services created and actively operating
- At least one patient support group (of the alcohol anonymous type) created and working under the aegis of SPA
- 500 copies of the first one hundred words and phrases of a medical terminology translation phrase book for foreign doctors, health care assistants and patients produced and disseminated.
- At least three patient waiting areas upgraded with new patient information material and other upgrades done to improve the environment
- Universalization of Patient Solidarity Day commemoration and conferment of Patient Solidarity Award in first week of December
- Active involvement in all health policy debates and taking clear positions in such policy debates.
By 31ST December 2020
- Evidence that projects started in 2019 are still operating exists in the public domain
- Evidence of involvement of Seychelles Patients Association in all major patient-related policy matters is in the public domain
- Written position papers of the association on all major patient-related policy matters have been put in the public domain.
- Further Universalization of Patient Solidarity Day commemoration