The Seychelles Patients Association seeks to amplify the patients voice through intelligent
- Media campaigns,
- Publicity stunts,
- Appeals through letters and petitions
- Policy briefs
and tries to exert significant influence on the policy processes on matters that concern patients.
- organizes patients and relatives of patients into action groups and mutual support groups;
- develops resources for capacity building of all its target groups;
- builds capacity of patients and relatives so that they fully know their rights and responsibilities, their illnesses and how the health care system operates;
- influences health and social care professionals and policy makers to be person-centred (focusing on the rights and dignity of patients and their relatives, compassion, communication, care coordination and continuity of care);
- recognizes individuals and teams who demonstrate excellence in person-centred health and social care by conferring awards on them and
- raises funds to achieve our goals.